Monday, May 7, 2012

Self-Publishing an Illustrated Children's Book

Hello and welcome,

Are you considering writing a children's book?  Are you thinking about self-publishing? Maybe funding?  Well, I want to share my thoughts on this process with you as my first self-published book comes to print.  I say my first self-published book, because I went the traditional route for my memoir on my tour of duty in Iraq, entitled Father of Money: Buying Peace in Baghdad.  However, when I sat down to write the Tales From the Tacklebox, I just wanted more control over the process.  These are, after all, stories from my childhood (albeit told from the perspective of the fishing lures).  That decision has cost me a lot of sleep, but I am happy that I made it.  Over the next three weeks, I will post a series of short articles that cover the basics of the process and my rationale for making the decisions that I did.  Meanwhile, I urge you to take a look at how I am attempting to keep my project moving forward, by clicking on the video below.  Thanks for your interest, and we will see you next Monday!


No comments: